Looking back on this semester, I realized I've learned dozens of new technology ideas and have learned helpful ways on how to incorporate them into my classroom. I've learned to be creative when it comes to technology. A website or device may be intended for one use, but you can find dozens of other uses for it! I've learned not to stress about incorporating technology into lessons -- it usually fits better than you'd expect. However, I think it's very important not to force technology use in lessons where it doesn't belong!
I've become attracted to the fact that modern entertainment technology can be used for educational purposes. For example, I love the idea of using Twitter in the classroom. It's a trendy tool, and can be used educationally. Not only that, but it's fun and interactive! I can definitely see myself using that in my own classroom. I can also see myself using a blog in the classroom, and maybe Google Docs, if I end up teaching higher grade levels. However, I do not see myself using Wikis or WebQuests. I feel like they are too time consuming, and I just didn't enjoy using them.
My thoughts about using technology in the classroom have changed. I thought "technology" meant researching on the web, using word processors, and maybe a video camera here and there. I learned that there are hundreds of ways to incorporate safe technology use into any curriculum.
In the future, I need to remind myself to keep up-to-date on the latest technology. There's always something cool out there to make use of, and it's important that students are familiar with this technology as well. I will also remind myself to NOT BE AFRAID to use technology!
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yes, be not afraid! I'm glad you discovered a lot of things that you can use!
ReplyDelete